Gallery

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Child's Year for a Friend Who lost Her Dog

My friend, Casey, Lost her dog on Easter Sunday.  Bailey was a beautiful, sweet Manchester Terrier whose heart gave out.  I went back and forth on what kind of card to make.  when our children were younger, Casey and I went camping a lot and Bailey would follow the kids around.  My son was a baby and we would put him in the playpen with Bailey.
My son was really being a pain last night, I had completed the center portion and was sitting at my table about to stamp the sentiment when I got hit in the arm with a ball.  It only affected the "G" So I didn't redo it. You gotta love 13 year old boys who think they are so funny.
FORMULA
7X5" card-DCWV Lemon Flower Stack
All other paper DCWV Lemon Flower Solid Matstack
Cricut Lacy Labels cut Yellow at 4.18; grey cut at 4.29"(I sized it up on my gypsy)
Cricut A Childs Year-cut at 2.41"
Ribbonn-grey-Michaels, Yellow Target
Flower K&Company from Christmas collection
Adhesives-ATG
Sentiment-Inkadoo, inkpad-vivid
 

About Challenges-A couple week ago I found myself making cards for challenges and cards that would fit into many challenges.  I started to loose focus.  And I decided to go about it diferently.  Now I write down all of the challenges as I read thru blogs.  Then I decide what kind of card I want to make, make the card and find a challenge to fit the card.  I use these challenges to grow as a designer so I will probably only enter a card into 1 or 2 challenges.

I see that CCCC-Cricut-Cartridge-Chaos-Challenge is  having a challenge using "A Child's Year"  http://twoscraptasticgals.blogspot.com/2011/04/cricut-cartridge-chaos-challenge-15.html

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love the color choice. I am sorry to hear about the loss of the pet. I am sure the card is going to cheer your friend up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing. https://rcl.ink/NsZ

    ReplyDelete