Gallery

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Japanese themed Mothers Day Card for My Sister-In-Law

I have been wanting to use the Pagoda cartridge for a long time, but I didn't know what the Kanji symbols meant until I put my reading glasses on and was able to read the very small print at the bottom of Kanji word section.  So I decided to make the card using the word as the card base and the tag for the center  Later in the week I am going to use the same card base in bright colors with flowers or animals.

It is hard to see the mono chromatic effect of the center crane.  It is a very glittery crane on white cardstock.
FORMULA
Cut English word "MOTHER" at 8" using black textured Colorbok cardstock (page 60 of Cricut Pagoda Cartridge)Cut crane tag 3 times at 2"(pg40)
Back word with sticky tape(Sookwang) Add glitter(Crystal Glitter Ritz) Do same to tags using Martha Stewart Red glitter for two outer images and clear for center
Add Ribbon(Michaels) using ATG tape
Adhere cranes to card
Contest
FCCB fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com Card with mom or mother on it

6 comments:

  1. Lovely, thanks for playing along with us over at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower
    It’s my birthday today
    I have blog candy you can win
    Become a follower today
    http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com
    Rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Thanks for sharing it with us as FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a card! The glitter is a wonderful touch.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your card! Great job with the challenge. I am so glad you joined us this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Thanks for playing at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete