Gallery

Sunday, May 15, 2011

FLOWER POT CARDS


I have been wanting to make some shaped slide out cards for a while.  I just got the "Everyday Pop-Up Card" cartridge.  There are some great shapes to work with  I haven't tried a full pop-up card yet.  I wanted to make this card and put a Lowes gift card in it for  my son's lacrosse's teams team mother.  However I got home so late from Arizona, that I gave her a card I had already made.  But I am going to give her this card for her to give to a women who she cares for.  They love gardening together.  I made this card a few times. Once I made the green flower using the main image.  In this version I used the "Shadow" function, the stem is much thicker.  I think next time I will cut the pot larger
FORMULA
Cut 2 pots from "EveryDay Pop-up Cards" at 8.25" glue bottom and sides together
Cut flower insert at 7.5" using shadow function  Cut off edges as shown.  Add strip of white paper.
Run flower through Cuttlebug using "Swiss Dots"Purple flower is cut at 7.5", yellow flower 7.0", pink layer at 7.5", blue layer at 7.0"
Run yellow flower through Cuttlebug using "Divine Swirls"
I cut lots of flowers in different colors.  The flowers on the rim of the pot are the inside of one of the flowers.
Embellish with gems(Target dollar bin)
Adhesives-Aileenes Tacky Glue, 3M dimensional tape
Paper:patterned-DCWV-"The Crafty Stack" ; plain cardstock-Colorbok

3 comments:

  1. Cute card and so colorful. I love the flowers and of course the embossing. I am a huge fan of embossing,LOL! TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! What a terrific idea. The flowers are awesome love the embossing!
    TFS!
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie... super cute and very colorful, gets me in the mood for spring... can you make this a teachers card? Ruth

    ReplyDelete