Gallery

Monday, April 10, 2017

CRANE THANK YOU CARD

My dear friend Casey gave me this beautiful paper pieced art for my birthday. The piece is from Nicaragua, it is created with pieces of colored corn husks.  Casey wrote me a beautiful letter.  To thank my close friend for this amazingly thoughtful gift, I recreated the painting with bits of paper.
inspiration-Nicaraguan corn husk piece

I began my project by making the patchwork piece.  Then I cut the crane using the Cricut Pagoda cartridge.  Then I rect the crane in pink, cut it up and pieced it on the bird.  I used Mojo Monday sketch 490.  I finished the piece off with a beautiful bow using Vanilla Cream from the Creamy Dreamy Bundle by DL.ART.  This creamy ribbon is gorgeous.  Diana gives my readers a 10% disount-just use the code K34510 at check out

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these are both stunning!! You recreated the painting perfectly!! Both are so amazing and thoughtful...the gift your friend sent and the card you sent back!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Katie! This is a gorgeous card! I am sure you friend is going to treasure this card!

    ReplyDelete